We are looking for dedicated and passionate students to intern with the American Association of University Women CT. Our Organization is the nation’s leading voice promoting equity and education for women and girls. Since our founding in 1881, AAUW members have examined and taken positions on the fundamental issues of the day — educational, social, economic, and political. Our mission is to advance gender equality for women and girls. While we do advocate for equity, we are nonpartisan, fact-based, and focus on integrity, inclusion and intersectionality. Students who apply will help with this mission and strengthen our foundation.
Fall 2021-Spring 2022
General Requirements for Internship:
- All must attend the Executive Board Meetings once a month on a Friday. (approx. 1 hr.)
- Must be able to work in a team of young professionals.
- All must be able to meet with all Internees every week or as needed on Zoom.
- Unpaid 6-10 Hours per week/ Year (Fall 2021 – Spring 2022)
- The writer will work with marketing and the policy liaison in writing and editing content for AAUW’s website, social media and any other publications.
- Work with AAUW’s board to create and edit the Newsletter.
- Opportunities to write on related-topics for AAUW’s website, electronic communications and publications.
- Marketing will maintain AAUW’s social media presence by posting or reposting at least three times a week.
- Stay connected to AAUW’s branches and be knowledgeable about events coming up and promote them beforehand.
- Create designs for AAUW’s website, electronic communications and publications.
- The liaison will research and analyze current legislation and bills, both statewide and national in line with AAUW’s Public Policy issues/Priorities.
- Works with coalition partners to develop proactive and effective legislative strategies when consistent with AAUW priorities.
- Assists in writing and editing content for AAUW’s website, electronic communications and publications.
**You will need three references, a cover letter and resume when applying for this Internship.**
Upload the cover letter and resume in one pdf file.
Applications will close on August 13th at 11:59 p.m., and the start date will be September 1st.